Northwest Horticultural Council
Last Modified: March 3, 2023
2. Changes to These Terms. We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time upon notice. We will give notice by posting the updated Agreement on the Website or by any other reasonable means. You can review the most current version of this Agreement at any time at https://nwhort.org/terms-of-use. The version of the Agreement in effect at the time of your use of the Website applies. The updated Agreement is binding on you with respect to your use of the Website on or after the date indicated in the updated Agreement. If you do not agree to the updated Agreement, you must stop using the Website. Your continued use of the Website after the date of the updated Agreement will constitute your acceptance of the updated Agreement.
4. Use of Information Provided by You. You acknowledge, represent and agree that any User Submission is submitted voluntarily and is not confidential or proprietary, and that your User Submission does not establish a relationship between you and us except as set forth in this Agreement. You hereby grant NHC and its sublicensees a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual and irrevocable license to use, distribute, transmit, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, publicly perform and display and create derivative works of your User Submissions, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law or this Agreement. You waive any right to compensation of any type for your User Submissions, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement. You represent and warrant that you either own all User Submissions or otherwise have all the rights necessary to grant the rights in this Agreement and that use of User Submissions by us does not violate any law. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through or in connection with the Website any content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable, or that may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or that may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. The Website (including all information, Materials (defined herein), software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement of those things) are owned by NHC, its licensors, or other providers and may be protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws (“Website IP”). NHC retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Website IP. This Agreement contains no implied licenses. Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere on the Website, you may view, download, and print any whitepapers, information, text, graphics, studies, photos, or other content uploaded to or appearing on the Website (“Materials”) subject to the following conditions: (i) the Materials must not be modified or altered without our express prior written authorization; (ii) you must not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials without our express authorization; and (iii) we reserve the right to revoke the authorization to view, download, and print the Materials at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from us.
6. Prohibited Uses. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. If we provide social media features on the Website, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features. You agree not to use the Website: (i) in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries); (ii) for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise; (iii) to impersonate or attempt to impersonate NHC, a NHC employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing); or (iv) to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm NHC or users of the Website, or expose them to liability. Additionally, you agree not to:(v) use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website (vi) use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website; (vii) use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms without our prior written consent; (viii) use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website; (ix) introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful; (x) attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website; (xi) attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or (xii) otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
7. Reliance on Information Posted. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, reasonableness of the factual or scientific assumptions, or usefulness of any information presented on or through the Website. All information is provided for informational purposes only. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Nothing on this Website constitutes (i) advice or a recommendation of any kind (legal, financial or otherwise), or (ii) an indication of results that may be achieved. Please consult with professional advisors in connection with your use of the Website. The content on this Website is updated frequently, including based on interaction with users of the Website, but the Website’s content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
8. Links from the Website. This Website contains links to other sites, resources, or social media applications provided by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control these platforms or the terms and conditions which govern these platforms, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, (or from use of the information obtained at the linked internet addresses,) or in any respect for the content of such information, including, (but not limited to) errors or omissions, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumption, studies or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of the property, privacy, or personal rights of others. If you access any such third-party sites or resources, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER NHC NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH NHC MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER NHC NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH NHC REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, NHC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL NHC, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “NORTHWEST HORTICULTURAL COUNCIL PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, OR ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE NORTHWEST HORTICULTURAL COUNCIL PARTIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES ON OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES WILL NOT EXCEED $100 U.S. DOLLARS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LIABILITY. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION 10 WILL BE INTERPRETED AS EXCLUDING LIABILITY THAT CANNOT UNDER APPLICABLE LAW BE EXCLUDED.
11. Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Northwest Horticultural Council Parties from and against any third party claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) your violation of this Agreement, (b) your use of the Website, (c) any User Submission made by you, including with respect to violations of any other party’s rights, such as intellectual property or other proprietary rights, and laws related to privacy or information security; or (d) your violation of any other party’s rights or applicable law.
12. Arbitration and Governing Law. YOU WILL SUBMIT ANY DISPUTES ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING DISPUTES ARISING FROM OR CONCERNING THEIR INTERPRETATION, VIOLATION, INVALIDITY, NON-PERFORMANCE, OR TERMINATION, TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE RULES OF ARBITRATION OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION APPLYING DELAWARE LAW. THE SEAT OR LEGAL PLACE OF ARBITRATION WILL BE IN YAKIMA, WASHINGTON. YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATE IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY ONLY – NOT AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS – AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO FILE A CLASS ACTION OR SEEK RELIEF ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS. FURTHERMORE, UNLESS YOU AND NHC AGREE IN WRITING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OF CLASS PROCEEDING. ALL ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS ARE CONFIDENTIAL. ARBITRATION ORDERS AND AWARDS REQUIRED TO BE FILED WITH APPLICABLE COURTS OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE DISCLOSED BY THE PARTIES TO SUCH COURTS. A PARTY WHO IMPROPERLY DISCLOSES CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS. THE ARBITRATOR AND FORUM MAY DISCLOSE CASE FILINGS, CASE DISPOSITIONS, AND OTHER CASE INFORMATION AS REQUIRED BY A COURT ORDER OF PROPER JURISDICTION. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
13. Limitation on Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE WEBSITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
14. General. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. You and NHC intend that the provisions of this Agreement be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Accordingly, you and NHC agree that if any provision is deemed unenforceable, where possible, it will be modified to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, which may include its deletion. NHC may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. You may not assign this Agreement or assign, transfer, or sublicense your rights, if any, to access or use the Website or its content, and any attempt by you to do so is void. NHC’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. A waiver will only be binding on NHC if it is in a written document signed by NHC. This Agreement (including any incorporated terms) constitutes the entire agreement between you and NHC with respect to the Website and its contents. Both you and NHC warrant to each other that, in entering into this Agreement, neither NHC nor you have relied on or will have any right or remedy based upon any statement, representation, warranty, or assurance other than those expressly stated in this Agreement. The preceding sentence will not limit or exclude any liability that cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law. No one other than you and NHC, or NHC’s successors and assigns, will have any right to enforce any of this Agreement. Neither this Agreement nor the Website create a partnership, joint venture, employment, or other agency relationship between us. You may not enter into any contract on our behalf or bind us in any way.
* * * * *