Northwest Horticultural Council
1. Name: Executive Committee
2. Authority: The Executive Committee is established by the board of trustees pursuant to Article V Section 5 of the bylaws of the Northwest Horticultural Council (NHC).
3. Function: To act on behalf of the entire board in the intervals between meetings of the board of trustees. To appoint, compensate and oversee the work of any registered public accounting firm employed by the NHC. To safeguard the overall objectivity of the financial statements, financial reporting and the internal control process. To work on audit, budget and personnel issues as called for by NHC policies. To be available to the president of the NHC when policy direction is requested.
4. Membership: The Executive Committee comprises three trustees. These ordinarily shall be the current chairman, vice chairman and immediate past chairman. Should there be a vacancy in a position, the chairman shall appoint a trustee to bring to three the membership of the Executive Committee.
5. Chairman: The chairman of the NHC board of trustees shall serve as chairman of the committee.
6. Staff Coordination: The president of the NHC shall serve as staff to the committee.
7. Frequency of Meetings: The Executive Committee shall meet upon call of the chairman, as thought useful, in intervals between meetings of the board of trustees. When possible such meetings will be conducted by means of telephone conference calls. Minutes of Executive Committee meetings will be kept by staff and distributed to all trustees and member secretaries in a timely fashion.
8. Date of Formation: July 23, 1999
Charter amended August 26, 2004 and December 16, 2005
Dan Crouse, Chairman
P.O. Box 888
The Dalles, OR 97058
Bryon McDougall, Vice Chairman
McDougall& Sons, Inc.
305 Olds Station Road
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Bob Price, Immediate Past Chairman
Price Cold Storage & Packing Co., Inc.
PO Box 4078
Yakima, WA 98904